Week of May 7, 2006, Psalm 23
One of the Scripture readings for Sunday is Psalm 23 - the great psalm describing God as our Shepherd:
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Dear Lord, thank You for showing me that as a Shepherd, You care for me, You lead me into green pastures, You lead me beside still waters, You forgive, refresh and restore me. You guide me in the better way, the more godly way for my life. And when I walk through tough times, as troubling as death’s shadow, You are with me. You comfort, strengthen and guard me. In the midst of enemies You bless me to overflowing. And You remind me that Your mercy and love and goodness follow me all the days of my life, as I look forward to seeing You face to face in Your house forever and ever.
Thanks for Your love and peace and presence in my life….. Amen.
May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
Thanks, and may God, our great Shepherd, be with you always.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Dear Lord, thank You for showing me that as a Shepherd, You care for me, You lead me into green pastures, You lead me beside still waters, You forgive, refresh and restore me. You guide me in the better way, the more godly way for my life. And when I walk through tough times, as troubling as death’s shadow, You are with me. You comfort, strengthen and guard me. In the midst of enemies You bless me to overflowing. And You remind me that Your mercy and love and goodness follow me all the days of my life, as I look forward to seeing You face to face in Your house forever and ever.
Thanks for Your love and peace and presence in my life….. Amen.
May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
Thanks, and may God, our great Shepherd, be with you always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home