Thursday, March 09, 2006

Week of March 12, 2006, Psalm 22:22-31

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 22, verses 22-31:
22 I will declare your name to my brothers; in the congregation I will praise you.
23 You who fear the LORD, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.
25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly; before those who fear you will I fulfill my vows.
26 The poor will eat and be satisfied; they who seek the LORD will praise him-- may your hearts live forever!
27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him,
28 for dominion belongs to the LORD and he rules over the nations.
29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship; all who go down to the dust will kneel before him-- those who cannot keep themselves alive.
30 Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord.
31 They will proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn-- for he has done it.

Heavenly Father, I praise You; I exalt You; I give You thanks; I worship You. In the assembly, in worship together with others, I praise Your name on high.

Jesus, give me a heart for worship. Give me a spirit of joy and praise in worship, that along with others around me, together we may focus on You and minister to You. Remind me, Lord, that You are always in our midst, that You inhabit the praises of Your people, that wherever two or three are gathered in Your name, that You are in our midst. What great joy that brings me!

Thanks for Your love, Your mercy, Your peace, Your joy, Your presence with me always. Amen.

The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May you experience God's presence in a fantastic way this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home