Friday, January 25, 2008

Week of January 27, 2008, Psalm 27, 1, 4-9

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is a psalm written by King David, Psalm 27, verse 1 and verses 4 to 9:
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?
4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.

Dear Lord, You are my light and my salvation. You bring light into my life when around me sometimes there is darkness. Help me not to be fearful, for You Lord, are the stronghold of my life, and I have nothing to fear. Lord, You my Rock; You are my Strength.

Lord, like King David, my greatest desire is to dwell in Your house all the days of my life, that I may seek You, my Life and my Light, that I may realize Your beauty all around me, in Your creation, in people, the beauty of Your Word.

Lord, I call on You. I call on You to be merciful to me and to respond to me. Do not hide Your face from me. Do not turn Your servant away in anger, for You have been my Helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, for You are my God and my Savior. For my hearts says of You, “Seek His face!” And Your face, Lord, I seek. Your Word promises that You never abandon Your people. You do not turn away from Your children. Your Word says that when we draw near to You, You draw near to us. So I will seek You now and always – all of my life, forevermore.

Thanks for Your love, Your help, Your mercy, Your peace, Your presence always with us. Amen.

May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God, our Hope and Help and Light be with you now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home