Week of November 11, 2007, Psalm 17:1-8
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 17, including the first eight verses.
1 Hear, O LORD, my righteous plea; listen to my cry. Give ear to my prayer-- it does not rise from deceitful lips.
2 May my vindication come from you; may your eyes see what is right.
3 Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin.
4 As for the deeds of men-- by the word of your lips I have kept myself from the ways of the violent.
5 My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not slipped.
6 I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.
7 Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.
8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Dear Lord, hear my cry to You. Give ear to my prayer. It comes from a heart that needs You because I’m having a tough time at times. Probe my heart, Lord. Examine me.
I try to live the life that You have called me to, but I fail often. And You are quick to come and rescue me. Help me, Lord, to live a godly life. Keep my lips from speaking anything but truth. Help me to stay on the path You have set. May my feet not slip.
For I call on You, O God, and You answer me. I always have Your ear, and You always hear my prayer. Throughout Your word, Lord, You remind each of us that You are with us.
Remind us of the wonder of Your great love, for You love us unconditionally. Your love is always within reach. You save us by Your right hand. And we take refuge with You. Keep us, Lord, always in the shadow of Your wings, as the apple of Your eye.
Thanks for Your presence and peace, power and joy, comfort and strength with us always. Amen.
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You can leave a message or a prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
God be with you always.
1 Hear, O LORD, my righteous plea; listen to my cry. Give ear to my prayer-- it does not rise from deceitful lips.
2 May my vindication come from you; may your eyes see what is right.
3 Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin.
4 As for the deeds of men-- by the word of your lips I have kept myself from the ways of the violent.
5 My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not slipped.
6 I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.
7 Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.
8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Dear Lord, hear my cry to You. Give ear to my prayer. It comes from a heart that needs You because I’m having a tough time at times. Probe my heart, Lord. Examine me.
I try to live the life that You have called me to, but I fail often. And You are quick to come and rescue me. Help me, Lord, to live a godly life. Keep my lips from speaking anything but truth. Help me to stay on the path You have set. May my feet not slip.
For I call on You, O God, and You answer me. I always have Your ear, and You always hear my prayer. Throughout Your word, Lord, You remind each of us that You are with us.
Remind us of the wonder of Your great love, for You love us unconditionally. Your love is always within reach. You save us by Your right hand. And we take refuge with You. Keep us, Lord, always in the shadow of Your wings, as the apple of Your eye.
Thanks for Your presence and peace, power and joy, comfort and strength with us always. Amen.
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You can leave a message or a prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
God be with you always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home