Thursday, June 05, 2008

Week of June 8, 2008, Psalm 50:7-15

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 50, verses 7 to 15 – God speaking to the people of Israel:
7 "Hear, O my people, and I will speak, O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, your God.
8 I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, which are ever before me.
9 I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens,
10 for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine.
12 If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it.
13 Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats?
14 Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High,
15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."

Dear God, You are the God of creation, and I call on You. You are God, my God. You desire a right spirit and a thankful heart.

God, I call to You not only when I am in trouble, but I call to You now, each day. You are my Rock and my Fortress, a very present help in the day of trouble. And I stand on Your promises of hope and salvation, for You do deliver me in my times of trouble, and as I bless Your name and honor You, You are always there to help and restore and strengthen and build up.

Thanks, Lord Jesus, for Your promises, for Your presence, for Your love and Your peace. Amen.

May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.

In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or a prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God, our God, be with us now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home