Thursday, April 24, 2008

Week of April 27, 2008, John 14:15-21

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from the Gospel of John, chapter 14, verses 15 to 21. This again is part of Jesus’ last words to His disciples the evening before He was crucified:
15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command.
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--
17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Dear Jesus, thank You for life. Thank You for the promise of eternal life. Thank You for the gift of Your Spirit – the Spirit of truth, the Counselor who is with us forever.

Thank You for the promise that You never leave us as orphans, never leaving us or abandoning us. Thank You for the promise of loving each of us as we respond to Your love and live in Your ways, Your commands, Your truth.

Thank You, Jesus, that You show Yourself, You manifest Yourself to each of us in many ways – through Your creation, in the faces and eyes of Your followers, in people we meet each day. Thank You for making Your home with each of us as we love You and live in Your presence. Amen.

May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or a prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with you now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home