Friday, January 16, 2009

Week of January 18, 2009, Psalm 139, 1-10, 13-18

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 139. Here are some selected verses on the wondrousness of God’s creation as seen in a person, how You know us so well, with Your presence always with us:
1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in-- behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

Dear Lord, I praise You and thank You for the wondrousness of Your creation – especially as seen in people. Lord, You know each of us so well. You have searched us and know when we sit and when we rise. You know every one of our thoughts. You are totally familiar with everything we do, our going out and our lying down. Before we say anything, Lord, You know what we will say. You have laid Your hand on us, and You hem us in – You are behind us, before us, around us, walking with us wherever we go, directing and guiding.

You created me, and have known me from all time, before I was formed, when I was woven together, when I was born, and all of my future. Thanks for that intimacy, Lord, and thanks for the intimacy that You desire with me. Help me to understand and grow in my relationship with You, O God, and to see Your word in the New Testament and the Old Testament as a profound revelation of who You are, how much You love each of us, and care for every detail of our lives.

Thanks for Your love, Your peace, Your presence in my life – always. Amen.

May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.

May God be with you now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home