Week of November 9, 2008, Psalm 70
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 70, a psalm describing our great need for God:
1 Hasten, O God, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me.
2 May those who seek my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace.
3 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" turn back because of their shame.
4 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "Let God be exalted!"
5 Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay.
Heavenly Father, come quickly and save me. O Lord, come quickly to help. I exalt You in all things, Lord, and may everyone who seeks You, rejoice and be glad in You. O God, I love Your salvation – for all of us, for me. It is You, Jesus that bring Your saving power, and at this time I cling to the cross. For I am poor and needy. Come quickly to Me, for You are my help and my deliverer, O Lord. Hasten. Do not delay.
It seems like there is no answer. It seems like You have rejected me, and enemies are turning on me from all sides. I am shamed and confused. Jesus, I need You now, and at times, You seem far away. Help me to know, Lord, that You are always with me, always at my side, always upholding me, always guiding me.
Thanks for Your presence, Lord, Your love that surrounds me, Your peace that brings comfort and quiet strength during this time.
May the Lord shower you with His mercy; may the light of His presence be ever your guide; may He guard you and uphold you; may His Spirit be ever by your side. May He bless Your comings in and your goings out. When you sleep, may His angels watch over you; when you wake, may He fill you with His grace. May you love Him and serve Him all your days, and then in heaven to see His face forevermore.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God, who saves and delivers us, be with us now and always.
1 Hasten, O God, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me.
2 May those who seek my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace.
3 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" turn back because of their shame.
4 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "Let God be exalted!"
5 Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay.
Heavenly Father, come quickly and save me. O Lord, come quickly to help. I exalt You in all things, Lord, and may everyone who seeks You, rejoice and be glad in You. O God, I love Your salvation – for all of us, for me. It is You, Jesus that bring Your saving power, and at this time I cling to the cross. For I am poor and needy. Come quickly to Me, for You are my help and my deliverer, O Lord. Hasten. Do not delay.
It seems like there is no answer. It seems like You have rejected me, and enemies are turning on me from all sides. I am shamed and confused. Jesus, I need You now, and at times, You seem far away. Help me to know, Lord, that You are always with me, always at my side, always upholding me, always guiding me.
Thanks for Your presence, Lord, Your love that surrounds me, Your peace that brings comfort and quiet strength during this time.
May the Lord shower you with His mercy; may the light of His presence be ever your guide; may He guard you and uphold you; may His Spirit be ever by your side. May He bless Your comings in and your goings out. When you sleep, may His angels watch over you; when you wake, may He fill you with His grace. May you love Him and serve Him all your days, and then in heaven to see His face forevermore.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God, who saves and delivers us, be with us now and always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home