Thursday, March 04, 2010

Weekof March 7, 2010, Psalm 63

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 63, a psalm written by King David when he was in the desert:
1 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

Dear God, You are my God, and I earnestly seek You. My soul thirsts for You; my body longs for You; in a dry and weary land where there is no water, I thirst for You. In the weariness of my entire being, dear Lord, it is You I long for. There are times when I have been in the sanctuary and saw Your power and Your glory in action. I praise You and sing for joy in the sanctuary. And there are so many times when I have sensed Your presence in worship. I know Your love, Lord, and it is better than life itself. You are my help, my strength, my comfort, my hope, and so I cling to You and know that Your right hand upholds me.

Thanks, Lord Jesus, for Your presence with each of us always, for Your love that overwhelms us, for Your peace that surrounds us. Amen.

May the Lord shower you with His mercy; may the light of His presence be ever your guide; may He guard you and uphold you; may His Spirit be ever by your side. May He bless Your comings in and your goings out. When you sleep, may His angels watch over you; when you wake, may He fill you with His grace. May you love Him and serve Him all your days, and then in heaven to see His face forevermore.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May you be more and more aware of God’s presence and Spirit in your life each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home