Saturday, July 01, 2006

Week of July 2, 2006, Psalm 30

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 30, a psalm of praise when we cry for help:
1 I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.
3 O LORD, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit.
4 Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
6 When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken."
7 O LORD, when you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed.
8 To you, O LORD, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy:
9 "What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help."
11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Dear Lord, may my heart exalt You and give praise to You, because You lifted me out of the depths. I called to You for help and You answered me. You healed me. You brought me out of the grave and my thoughts of despair, and You heard my cry, my cry for mercy and help. I will never be shaken. When You seemed to hide Your face, and I felt dismayed, You answered and heard my crying to You. You remind me that You are my Rock, my God who is faithful.

My soul sings to You, Lord, and from the depths of my soul, I sing Your praise. You turned my wailing into dancing, and You clothed me with joy. My heart cannot be silent before You, Lord, and I give You thanks always and forevermore. Thanks for Your presence with me no matter what I am going through. Thanks for Your peace in difficult times. Thanks for Your joy that fills me with hope. Thanks for Your love that heals, forgives and helps me to live each day…. Amen.

May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

If you would like to leave a message or have a prayer request, e-mail me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May our God be with you now and always, and may He bless you during your times of re-creation and recreation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home