Thursday, March 01, 2007

Week of March 4, 2007, Psalm 27:1-14

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 27, a psalm about seeking God's face:
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.
11 Teach me your way, O LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence.
13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Dear Lord, You are my light and my salvation. You are my stronghold, so I am afraid of no one. I am confident in You, O Lord, for I seek You. I yearn to dwell in Your abiding grace, knowing that You are in me and I am in You, as I seek to dwell in Your house, in Your holy tabernacle, in Your dwelling-place. For above all things, Lord, my heart cries out to seek Your face, to be with You, to know that You are with me – to realize that Your love surrounds me, to positively know that You are crazy about me with love, because You do not reject or forsake me.

Lord, teach me Your ways, and lead me in a straight path, knowing that I see Your goodness all around me. Help me to confidently wait on You, spending time in Your presence experiencing the power of Your word, the power of Your love, the power of Your peace. Amen.


May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.

In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You can leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God, our Helper and our Savior, be with us now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home