Week of February 1, 2007, Psalm 138
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 138 - a psalm of praise:
1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
2 I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
3 When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted.
4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD, when they hear the words of your mouth.
5 May they sing of the ways of the LORD, for the glory of the LORD is great.
6 Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar.
7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.
8 The LORD will fulfill for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever-- do not abandon the works of your hands.
Dear Lord, with all of my breath, with all of my heart, I praise You. I bow down, and praise Your name for Your great love, for Your faithfulness, for You have exalted Your name and Your word above all things.
Jesus, when I called, You answered me. And always, when I call, You respond. Help me to ever listen for You – to rest in Your presence, to be attentive to Your call. Because I know I can always depend on You, can always trust on You – and I always need to be reminded to have total confidence in You and Your ways – then, You make me bold. You make me strong-hearted.
Even when I know, Father, that You are in heaven, I also know that You are with me – and as I walk through this life, and in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life. You stretch out Your right hand, and You save me.
Thanks, Jesus, that I can look to You for all things, and You never abandon me, You never abandon the works of Your hands. Thanks for Your presence and Your peace – and Your power as You empower me to journey through this life with joy and peace. Amen.
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
If you would like to leave a message or prayer request, you can e-mail me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with you now and always.
1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
2 I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
3 When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted.
4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD, when they hear the words of your mouth.
5 May they sing of the ways of the LORD, for the glory of the LORD is great.
6 Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar.
7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.
8 The LORD will fulfill for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever-- do not abandon the works of your hands.
Dear Lord, with all of my breath, with all of my heart, I praise You. I bow down, and praise Your name for Your great love, for Your faithfulness, for You have exalted Your name and Your word above all things.
Jesus, when I called, You answered me. And always, when I call, You respond. Help me to ever listen for You – to rest in Your presence, to be attentive to Your call. Because I know I can always depend on You, can always trust on You – and I always need to be reminded to have total confidence in You and Your ways – then, You make me bold. You make me strong-hearted.
Even when I know, Father, that You are in heaven, I also know that You are with me – and as I walk through this life, and in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life. You stretch out Your right hand, and You save me.
Thanks, Jesus, that I can look to You for all things, and You never abandon me, You never abandon the works of Your hands. Thanks for Your presence and Your peace – and Your power as You empower me to journey through this life with joy and peace. Amen.
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
If you would like to leave a message or prayer request, you can e-mail me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with you now and always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home