Thursday, July 19, 2007

Week of July 22, Psalm 73:23-28

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 73, verses 23 to 28, a psalm from Asaph, a leader of one of the temple choirs:
23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

Dear Lord, thank You for the promises of Your presence with me, and that You hold me by Your right hand. I depend on Your presence, Your Spirit, in everything I do. You guide me with Your counsel. I look to You for direction.

I wish I could say Jesus, that earth has nothing I desire, but the world has many attractions and temptations, and sometimes they keep me far from You. Lord, help me to say that there is nothing I desire besides You. Help me to look beyond my own strength, and realize that I receive all of the strength of my heart from You, O God, that I receive all of what I need each day.

Heavenly Father, may I always remember that it is good to be near You. For You are my Refuge, my Sovereign Lord, and You are King eternal.

Thanks for Your presence with me, Your love that is showered down upon me, Your peace that fills my heart and my mind. Amen.

May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.

In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You can leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.

May you have a sense of God's presence with you at all times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home