Week of April 29, 2007, Psalm 23
One of the Scripture readings for Sunday is Psalm 23 - a popular and meaningful psalm for us all:
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Dear Lord, thank you for the image of a shepherd – that You love and care and protect and guide us like a shepherd.
Heavenly Father, You encourage me to be a person that receives rest and quiet - in green pastures and beside still waters; and by resting You restore and renew my soul. When I have become drained and have nothing to give to others, Your restoring hand is strong when I rest in You.
Your guidance is sure; through every conflict and turbulence, I will not be afraid for you are always with me. The rod and staff that are used with the flock, You also use with me when my path becomes treacherous and rocky. You provide strong comfort. I have come to depend on you in every area of my life, Lord. And may I always be able to say that goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, so that I may dwell in your house forever. As I walk with Your Spirit, teach me to be kind and gentle and loving in all my ways.
Keep me safe and with you all my days on this earth – already being a part of Your kingdom. Thanks for Your love, Your presence, Your peace with me always. Amen.
May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may send me a message or a prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God, our Great Shepherd, be with us now and always.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Dear Lord, thank you for the image of a shepherd – that You love and care and protect and guide us like a shepherd.
Heavenly Father, You encourage me to be a person that receives rest and quiet - in green pastures and beside still waters; and by resting You restore and renew my soul. When I have become drained and have nothing to give to others, Your restoring hand is strong when I rest in You.
Your guidance is sure; through every conflict and turbulence, I will not be afraid for you are always with me. The rod and staff that are used with the flock, You also use with me when my path becomes treacherous and rocky. You provide strong comfort. I have come to depend on you in every area of my life, Lord. And may I always be able to say that goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, so that I may dwell in your house forever. As I walk with Your Spirit, teach me to be kind and gentle and loving in all my ways.
Keep me safe and with you all my days on this earth – already being a part of Your kingdom. Thanks for Your love, Your presence, Your peace with me always. Amen.
May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may send me a message or a prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God, our Great Shepherd, be with us now and always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home