Thursday, August 23, 2007

Week of August 26, 2007, Psalm 103:1-8

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 103, verses 1-8, a great psalm of thanks:
1 Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--
3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
6 The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.
7 He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel:
8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.

Dear Lord, I praise You. With all of my heart, with every breath I take, I praise Your holy name.

Heavenly Father, I will never forget all Your benefits - Your blessings in my life. You forgive my sins. You heal my diseases - body, soul and spirit.

Sometimes my heart is heavy, Lord. Sometimes stress overtakes me. Sometimes I don’t have enough time in the day to get things done, or spend time with You for the refreshing and strengthening times. But Lord, You redeem my life from the pit; You crown me with love and compassion. You satisfy my desires with the good things that I need - Your love, Your peace, Your strength, Your comfort.

Lord, Jesus, I continue to thank You, for You are compassionate and gracious; You are slow to anger, and abounding in love. Lord, totally consume me with Your love this day, this week. AMEN.


May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.

In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May our great God be with you now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home