Week of March 29, 2009, Psalm 51:1-12
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 51, the first twelve verses – a psalm of forgiveness and pardon -
1Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love;
according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against you, you alone, have I sinned, and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are justified in your sentence and blameless when you pass judgment.
5 Indeed, I was born guilty, a sinner when my mother conceived me.
6 You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit.
Dear Lord, have mercy on me because Your love is steadfast, unconditional and everlasting. Because of Your abundant mercy, blot out my transgressions. Wash me, cleanse me, Lord, for I know my sin – my sin is ever before me.
You teach me wisdom, Lord; in the depths of my heart I am aware of Your love for me, and Your wisdom, as You lead and guide me. As You cleanse me, Lord, I am whiter than snow. You fill me with joy and gladness because of Your great and incredible, forgiving presence.
Heavenly Father, create in me a clean heart – through Your Spirit put a new and right spirit within me. May I always come into Your presence, knowing that You forgive, and that You bring hope and help.
Thanks for reminding me of Your overwhelming love, Your powerful presence with me, Your peace within me. Amen.
May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with you now and always.
1Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love;
according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against you, you alone, have I sinned, and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are justified in your sentence and blameless when you pass judgment.
5 Indeed, I was born guilty, a sinner when my mother conceived me.
6 You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit.
Dear Lord, have mercy on me because Your love is steadfast, unconditional and everlasting. Because of Your abundant mercy, blot out my transgressions. Wash me, cleanse me, Lord, for I know my sin – my sin is ever before me.
You teach me wisdom, Lord; in the depths of my heart I am aware of Your love for me, and Your wisdom, as You lead and guide me. As You cleanse me, Lord, I am whiter than snow. You fill me with joy and gladness because of Your great and incredible, forgiving presence.
Heavenly Father, create in me a clean heart – through Your Spirit put a new and right spirit within me. May I always come into Your presence, knowing that You forgive, and that You bring hope and help.
Thanks for reminding me of Your overwhelming love, Your powerful presence with me, Your peace within me. Amen.
May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with you now and always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home