Week of January 16, 2011, Psalm 40:1-11
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 40, the first eleven verses. It is a psalm asking God’s guidance and direction in our lives:
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him.
4 Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
5 Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.
6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but my ears you have opened -
burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.
7 Then I said, “Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll.
8 I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.”
9 I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips, LORD, as you know.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.
I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly.
11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD; may your love and faithfulness always protect me.
Dear Lord, I thank You, praise You, worship You. For You heard my cry; You listen and respond; You pick me up from the dark depths of my heart and soul, and You set my feet on a rock, on the solid foundation of Your presence and power. You pick each of us up, give us a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to You.
Lord Jesus, give us patience, helping us to wait on You, spending time in Your presence simply experiencing Your grace and Your love. Help us to trust in You, and You alone – not looking to people who feel they know all the answers, but who depend only on human wisdom.
Lord Jesus, we remember how You have worked in our lives in the past. As we look back, we remember Your hand in our lives, how You have matured each of us, how You comfort and guide each of us, how You empower us for service in Your kingdom. So Lord, help us to have patience and perseverance, knowing You walk with us each day.
Thanks for Your mercy and grace, Your strength and help, Your hope, Your peace, and always Your presence with us. Amen.
May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May we know God’s presence with us and God’s power in our lives more and more each day.
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him.
4 Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
5 Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.
6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but my ears you have opened -
burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.
7 Then I said, “Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll.
8 I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.”
9 I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips, LORD, as you know.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.
I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly.
11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD; may your love and faithfulness always protect me.
Dear Lord, I thank You, praise You, worship You. For You heard my cry; You listen and respond; You pick me up from the dark depths of my heart and soul, and You set my feet on a rock, on the solid foundation of Your presence and power. You pick each of us up, give us a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to You.
Lord Jesus, give us patience, helping us to wait on You, spending time in Your presence simply experiencing Your grace and Your love. Help us to trust in You, and You alone – not looking to people who feel they know all the answers, but who depend only on human wisdom.
Lord Jesus, we remember how You have worked in our lives in the past. As we look back, we remember Your hand in our lives, how You have matured each of us, how You comfort and guide each of us, how You empower us for service in Your kingdom. So Lord, help us to have patience and perseverance, knowing You walk with us each day.
Thanks for Your mercy and grace, Your strength and help, Your hope, Your peace, and always Your presence with us. Amen.
May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May we know God’s presence with us and God’s power in our lives more and more each day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home