Thursday, July 06, 2006

Week of July 9, 2006 2 Corinthians 12:2-10

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from 2 Corinthians 12: verses 2-10, the time when Paul, the Apostle describes one of his visions, and how God dealt with him, reminding him and us of a very important lesson:
2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know-- God knows.
3 And I know that this man-- whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows--
4 was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.
5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.
6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.
7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Dear Lord, all Your creation shouts Your praises. May I also continue to give You thanks and praise in every situation. Help me to see beyond what my natural eyes see, and to realize that so much more happens in the spiritual realm than I am naturally aware.

Keep me humble, Lord. Keep me at the foot of the cross – always, seeking Your presence, Your grace in all situations, and always knowing that when I feel weak, You are strong in me.

May Your power flow through me to deal with all of life’s issues, whether a result of finances, relationships at home, at work or neighbors, or my relationship with You, Lord. Thanks for Your grace in my times of need. Thanks for Your power in my weaknesses. Thanks for Your love unconditionally. Thanks for Your presence always….. Amen.


May the Lord shower you with His mercy; may the light of His presence be ever your guide; may He guard you and uphold you; may His Spirit be ever by your side. May He bless Your comings in and your goings out. When you sleep, may His angels watch over you; when you wake, may He fill you with His grace. May you love Him and serve Him all your days, and then in heaven to see His face forevermore.In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May our all-powerful God be with you now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home