Week of March 11, 2007, Psalm 63:1-8
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 63, verses 1 to 8. When we find ourselves in the wilderness just as David was in the wilderness of Judea when he wrote this psalm, we can find solace in this God as David did:
1 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
Heavenly Father, I earnestly seek You. Because I feel so parched and dry and used up at times, my soul thirsts and longs for you. I know Your power and Your glory, Father God. Your love for me is better than life itself, because You have lavished Your love on Your people – and You continue to love us. I will praise and glorify You as long as I live.
Jesus, You alone satisfy the deepest part of who I am. You overwhelm me with Your love and peace and grace and mercy. You are my help. My soul clings to You, and I cling to the cross, and under the shadow of that cross, I come to You each day for refreshing peace, knowing Your presence is with me always. Thanks, Jesus, for Your presence for You are my All in All. Amen.
May the Lord shower you with His mercy; may the light of His presence be ever your guide; may He guard you and uphold you; may His Spirit be ever by your side. May He bless Your comings in and your goings out. When you sleep, may His angels watch over you; when you wake, may He fill you with His grace. May you love Him and serve Him all your days, and then in heaven to see His face forevermore.In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with you now and always.
1 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
Heavenly Father, I earnestly seek You. Because I feel so parched and dry and used up at times, my soul thirsts and longs for you. I know Your power and Your glory, Father God. Your love for me is better than life itself, because You have lavished Your love on Your people – and You continue to love us. I will praise and glorify You as long as I live.
Jesus, You alone satisfy the deepest part of who I am. You overwhelm me with Your love and peace and grace and mercy. You are my help. My soul clings to You, and I cling to the cross, and under the shadow of that cross, I come to You each day for refreshing peace, knowing Your presence is with me always. Thanks, Jesus, for Your presence for You are my All in All. Amen.
May the Lord shower you with His mercy; may the light of His presence be ever your guide; may He guard you and uphold you; may His Spirit be ever by your side. May He bless Your comings in and your goings out. When you sleep, may His angels watch over you; when you wake, may He fill you with His grace. May you love Him and serve Him all your days, and then in heaven to see His face forevermore.In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with you now and always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home