Thursday, March 15, 2007

Week of March 18, 2007, Psalm 32

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 32 - a psalm of King David where the theme is one of forgiveness bringing true joy:
1 Blessed is he [blessed is the one] whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the man [blessed is the one] whose sin the LORD does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit.
3 When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.
5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"-- and you forgave the guilt of my sin.
6 Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him.
7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
9 Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.
10 Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.
11 Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!

Dear Lord, once again we are reminded that Your unfailing love surrounds each of us – so much so that we can come to You seeking cleansing and forgiveness, knowing that You and You alone can forgive our sins. You cover them, Jesus, and they do not count against us because of Your sacrifice and death on the cross for each one of us.

For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away. I ached all day long because I lived in sin and Your hand was heavy upon me. My strength was sapped so that it felt like the heat of summer. But when I acknowledged my sin and did not cover it up in Your presence – brought it before You, You were quick to forgive.

Heavenly Father, You are my hiding place. You protect me from troubles by helping me walk through them when they occur. You teach me and instruct me in the way I need to go. You counsel me and watch over me.

And as the prodigal son experienced when he returned to his father, so You, Heavenly Father, have Your arms outstretched to receive each one of us and continue to give us your unconditional, limitless, and unfailing love. My heart rejoices, and I thank You for Your love and Your peace and Your presence in my life…. Amen.

The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

If you would like to leave a message or prayer request, you can e-mail me at: peacewm@tds.net.

God, our loving Father, be with you this week and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home