Thursday, September 13, 2007

Week of September 16, 2007, Psalm 51:1-10

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 51, verses 1 to 10 – a psalm asking for God’s mercy and restoration:
1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Heavenly Father, have mercy on me according to Your great and unfailing love. With Your grace and compassion, Father, blot out all my sins. Wash away all my transgression, the residue of sin and of a sinful life, and cleanse me. Restore me and wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

God, fill me with joy, the joy that comes knowing I am a child of God. And always remind me, as I acknowledge my sin, You forgive. You cleanse. You restore. You revive and refresh me.

And then, Father, create in me a heart of purity, that seeks after You, that hungers and thirsts for You, and renew a steady and steadfast spirit within me that seeks always to do Your will. Help me to walk Your path, Lord, with the help of Your Spirit.

And remind me, Jesus, that You are always with each one of us, for Your promise is that You are with us to the end of the age – throughout all time, throughout each of our lifetimes. Thanks always for Your presence within me, Your peace that brings me joy, Your love that fills me and that allows me to reach out to others to share Your kingdom. Amen.

May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May we have a sense of God our Confessor and Restorer always with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home