Week of March 2, 2008, Psalm 23
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 23 – a psalm that is used three or four times during the church year that describes God’s resources for us so well.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Dear Lord, You are my Shepherd. Today, the most important thing I need is for You to bring me to green pastures and to rest in Your arms, in the pasture that I live in -sometimes green and alive, and sometimes dry and dying, I look to You, for You bring rest.
Lord, You also lead me beside quiet waters – the waters that remind me of my baptism, and that refresh and cleanse me each day. Lord, You offer rest for my body, soul, mind and spirit. And I receive that rest – a Sabbath rest sometime during the week of spending time with You so I can be built up and strengthened in and through Your Word, built up and strengthened by worship times with You, both personally and corporately, built up and strengthened as I talk and share my faith with others.
Thanks, Jesus for restoring my soul, for guiding me in paths of righteousness, for walking with me through life’s valleys, for comforting me, and protecting me so that I have no reason to fear anyone or anything.
Thanks for Your mercy and goodness that follow me all of my days here in my life, and Your joy that You bring as I look forward to seeing You face to face. And thanks for Your peace and love that are constant with me and always available. Amen.
May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God, our Good Shepherd, be with you now and always.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Dear Lord, You are my Shepherd. Today, the most important thing I need is for You to bring me to green pastures and to rest in Your arms, in the pasture that I live in -sometimes green and alive, and sometimes dry and dying, I look to You, for You bring rest.
Lord, You also lead me beside quiet waters – the waters that remind me of my baptism, and that refresh and cleanse me each day. Lord, You offer rest for my body, soul, mind and spirit. And I receive that rest – a Sabbath rest sometime during the week of spending time with You so I can be built up and strengthened in and through Your Word, built up and strengthened by worship times with You, both personally and corporately, built up and strengthened as I talk and share my faith with others.
Thanks, Jesus for restoring my soul, for guiding me in paths of righteousness, for walking with me through life’s valleys, for comforting me, and protecting me so that I have no reason to fear anyone or anything.
Thanks for Your mercy and goodness that follow me all of my days here in my life, and Your joy that You bring as I look forward to seeing You face to face. And thanks for Your peace and love that are constant with me and always available. Amen.
May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God, our Good Shepherd, be with you now and always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home