Week of March 9, 2008, Psalm 130
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 130 – a psalm from despair to hope:
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.
3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.
Dear Lord, from the depths I cry to You. Hear my voice. May Your ears be attentive to me. I know, Lord God, that You do hear me, and You are always attentive, and that You do respond. And sometimes, I don’t listen, and sometimes, I have a hard time waiting.
Thank You, Heavenly Father, for forgiving my sins – not only that, but wiping out the memory of my sins – for I could not stand, or even be in Your presence without Your grace and mercy and forgiveness.
In You, Lord, I wait. In You, Lord, I hope. Your Word is precious to me. Your Word reminds me of Your unfailing love, and reminds me that You bring redemption to my weary soul.
Thanks, Jesus, for the gift of who You are – the Son of God, who lived on this earth, with all the qualities of being human – physical, and emotional, and spiritual, and You died on the cross for our sins.
Thank You that You taught each of us how to walk with You, to respond to Your love, to know that hope comes because of the certain knowledge that You are with us, and that You never leave us or abandon us. Thanks for Your peace, Jesus, always. Amen.
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You can leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with us now and always.
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.
3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.
Dear Lord, from the depths I cry to You. Hear my voice. May Your ears be attentive to me. I know, Lord God, that You do hear me, and You are always attentive, and that You do respond. And sometimes, I don’t listen, and sometimes, I have a hard time waiting.
Thank You, Heavenly Father, for forgiving my sins – not only that, but wiping out the memory of my sins – for I could not stand, or even be in Your presence without Your grace and mercy and forgiveness.
In You, Lord, I wait. In You, Lord, I hope. Your Word is precious to me. Your Word reminds me of Your unfailing love, and reminds me that You bring redemption to my weary soul.
Thanks, Jesus, for the gift of who You are – the Son of God, who lived on this earth, with all the qualities of being human – physical, and emotional, and spiritual, and You died on the cross for our sins.
Thank You that You taught each of us how to walk with You, to respond to Your love, to know that hope comes because of the certain knowledge that You are with us, and that You never leave us or abandon us. Thanks for Your peace, Jesus, always. Amen.
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You can leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with us now and always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home