Week of April 26, 2009, John 15:9-17
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from John, chapter 15, beginning with verse 9:
9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.
Dear Jesus, thanks for Your example of love – unconditional, always available, never ending – obedience to this command is not a burden, but instead a joyful response of love. Jesus, thanks for the example of friendship, that You lay down Your life for each of us, as You did on the cross. Help us to do the same. And help us Jesus, as we respond to Your love, to bear fruit, lasting fruit, and live lives of joy, knowing that our relationship with You grows ever deeper and more profound.
Thanks for Your presence with us, Your love that surrounds us, Your peace that brings contentment and joy. Amen.
May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with you now and always.
9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.
Dear Jesus, thanks for Your example of love – unconditional, always available, never ending – obedience to this command is not a burden, but instead a joyful response of love. Jesus, thanks for the example of friendship, that You lay down Your life for each of us, as You did on the cross. Help us to do the same. And help us Jesus, as we respond to Your love, to bear fruit, lasting fruit, and live lives of joy, knowing that our relationship with You grows ever deeper and more profound.
Thanks for Your presence with us, Your love that surrounds us, Your peace that brings contentment and joy. Amen.
May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May God be with you now and always.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home