Week of January 23, 2011, Psalm 27:1, 4-9
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 27, verse 1, and verses 4-9 – a psalm of confidence in God who is our help and our hope:
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
4 One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7 Hear my voice when I call, LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior.
Dear God, You are my light and my salvation. I fear no one; I fear nothing, for You, Lord, are the strength and stronghold of my life. You are my rock; You bring the confidence that I need. Lord, when I look to You, it is always to dwell in Your house all of my days – to abide with You, that I may sense Your presence around me, Your presence within me always. Lord, may I see Your face in others around me, whether in the eyes of the troubled, or those in pain, those in joy or in sorrow – I hope I can be a reflection of Your love to others.
For in the days of trouble, I sought help, and You kept me safe. When I need You now, Lord, You set me high upon a rock – freed from my cares and concerns, to gain that holy perspective of knowing You are the Creator of heaven and earth, and yet You care also for each one of us.
When I cry to You, Lord, You respond. You are merciful and answer me. When my heart says of you, “Seek God’s face!” – it is Your face, Lord, that I seek, Your face that I look to. And I know You will not hide Your face, or reject or forsake me, for You, O God, are my Savior. For all creation cries out to You, Lord, to save and make whole.
Thanks, Jesus, for Your love, Your help and Your hope, Your peace and Your presence with us always. Amen.
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May we always look to God for our help and our hope, and be more and more aware of God’s presence and His working in our lives each day.
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
4 One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7 Hear my voice when I call, LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior.
Dear God, You are my light and my salvation. I fear no one; I fear nothing, for You, Lord, are the strength and stronghold of my life. You are my rock; You bring the confidence that I need. Lord, when I look to You, it is always to dwell in Your house all of my days – to abide with You, that I may sense Your presence around me, Your presence within me always. Lord, may I see Your face in others around me, whether in the eyes of the troubled, or those in pain, those in joy or in sorrow – I hope I can be a reflection of Your love to others.
For in the days of trouble, I sought help, and You kept me safe. When I need You now, Lord, You set me high upon a rock – freed from my cares and concerns, to gain that holy perspective of knowing You are the Creator of heaven and earth, and yet You care also for each one of us.
When I cry to You, Lord, You respond. You are merciful and answer me. When my heart says of you, “Seek God’s face!” – it is Your face, Lord, that I seek, Your face that I look to. And I know You will not hide Your face, or reject or forsake me, for You, O God, are my Savior. For all creation cries out to You, Lord, to save and make whole.
Thanks, Jesus, for Your love, Your help and Your hope, Your peace and Your presence with us always. Amen.
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May we always look to God for our help and our hope, and be more and more aware of God’s presence and His working in our lives each day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home