Thursday, February 17, 2011

Week of February 20, 2011, Psalm 119:33-40

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 119, a great psalm describing the writer’s love for God’s principles of living and God’s word, verses 33-40. The writer finds many ways of saying Word – but they all refer to living our lives according to God’s teachings:

33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.
35 Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
36 Turn my heart to your decrees, and not to selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes from looking at vanities; give me life in your ways.
38 Confirm to your servant your promise, which is for those who fear you.
39 Turn away the disgrace that I dread, for your ordinances are good.
40 See, I have longed for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life.


Dear God, thank You for Your Word. Thanks for Your Word that teaches, brings understanding, leads me, gives life, and confirms Your promise of life with You. Help me, Lord, to fall more and more in love with You, to fall more in love with Your Word. Help me to carve out time in my day to read Your Word, to listen to Your voice in that Word, to take it with me in my world, and to always be aware that You are with me wherever I go.

Your statues, laws, commandments, decrees, ordinances, precepts – Your teaching and principles of love, grace, mercy, peace, kindness, respect, - they all give me life. They all fill me with hope.

Jesus, may I always realize Your Word directs me to You, to Your light, to new life, to new beginnings. May Your Word come alive in my life and lead me to service to others. Thanks, Jesus, for Your presence with me always. Amen.


The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May we be more and more aware of God’s presence and working in our lives each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home