Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week of March 13, 2011, Psalm 32

One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 32 – a psalm calling us to confession and experiencing forgiveness:
1 Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the one whose sin the LORD does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit.
3 When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.
5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD.”
And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
6 Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found;
surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them.
7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
9 Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.
10 Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD’s unfailing love
surrounds the one who trusts in him.
11 Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!

Dear God, You are a great God, quick to forgive. I confess to You, Lord, that when I keep silent, when I don’t acknowledge my sins, my bones waste away. I spend my days and nights groaning because of my sadness and my stubbornness. I felt Your hand heavy on me, and my strength has been gone.

Then I acknowledged my sin to You. I didn’t cover them up. I confessed my sins to You, Lord, and You forgave the guilt of my sin. You were quick to forgive, quick to cleanse, quick to restore.

Lord Jesus, Your love is unfailing, and it surrounds all who trust in You. We all rejoice in You, Lord, and are exceedingly glad – thrilled to experience Your presence in powerful ways, blest to know that You are our God who loves us, and brings forgiveness and peace.

Thanks for Your presence with us, Your great love that surrounds us, Your peace as we wait on You, sit in Your presence, and experience Your fullness, Lord. Amen.


The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His strength and His great peace. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by emailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May we be more and more aware of God’s presence and God working in our lives each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home