Friday, July 21, 2006

Week of July 23, 2006 Psalm 23

Hello. One of the Scriptures for Sunday is Psalm 23 - probably the most often used psalm in the yearly cycle of Scripture texts:

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Jesus, You are my shepherd. I have everything I need because of You.
As Shepherd, You make me lie down and rest in green pastures.

As Shepherd, You lead me beside quiet waters.

As Shepherd, You restore and refresh my soul.

As Shepherd, You guide me in the right ways of living in this world, to give honor and glory to You each day.

As Shepherd, You walk with me through the tough valleys of my life, where anxiety and fear tend to reign. But I will not be afraid, because You are my Shepherd and You are with me.

As Shepherd, Your rod and Your staff guide, discipline, help and comfort me.

As Shepherd, You lift me up, even in the face of my enemies.

As Shepherd, You anoint my head with oil – the oil of gladness, the oil of healing, the oil of wellness – so much so that my cup overflows.

As Shepherd, You walk with me and guide me all the days of my life so that goodness and love and mercy are always a part of me. And I will dwell in Your house, Jesus, my Shepherd, forever and ever.

Thanks for Your presence, Your guidance, Your power with me always. Amen.

May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You may leave a message or prayer request by e-mailing me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May Jesus, our Shepherd, be with you now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home