Friday, November 03, 2006

Week of November 5, 2006, Revelation 21: 1-6

One of the Scripture readings for this Sunday, All Saints Sunday, is from Revelation, chapter 6, verses 1-6:
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Dear Heavenly Father, no eye has seen, no ear has heard and no mind can conceive of what you have planned for those who love You – no tears, no mourning, no pain. Death has been vanquished. You are the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Thank You, Father, that You live in our midst. You are our God and we are Your people. All things have already been accomplished through the death of Your Son, Jesus. Thank You for making all things new.

Jesus, I am hungry and thirsty for You. I need You. In my own life, help me to make new beginnings, to know that You are the One who satisfies. You are the One that makes all things new. You are the One who cleanses and renews. As a part of Your Church, Lord, being prepared as a bride, may I look to You for healing, restoration, equipping and power.

Thanks for Your peace and Your presence with me always. Amen.


May the Lord shower you with His mercy; may the light of His presence be ever your guide; may He guard you and uphold you; may His Spirit be ever by your side. May He bless Your comings in and your goings out. When you sleep, may His angels watch over you; when you wake, may He fill you with His grace. May you love Him and serve Him all your days, and then in heaven to see His face forevermore.
In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

If you would like to leave a message or prayer request, e-mail me at: peacewm@tds.net.
May you know God's with you now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home