Friday, August 18, 2006

Week of August 20, 2006, Psalm 34:9-14

One of the lessons for Sunday is a continuation of the psalm from last week, Psalm 34:9-14:
9 Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
11 Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Dear Lord, I come before You praising You, with reverence and awe, seeking Your face, sitting in Your presence, quiet and listening. Help me to carve out a quiet place, a quiet time, to hear Your voice.

Help me to get rid of all the distractions and pressures, and see You. For when I look to You, I lack nothing. You teach me as I listen. As I listen, Your word refreshes me. As I listen, I realize in my day to day life, that You, Jesus, are a part of every aspect of it.

Fill me, cleanse me, teach me, mold me. I seek Your face, and You give me peace – a peace that makes me whole, that heals, that welcomes, that restores.

Thanks, Jesus, for Your peace, Your love, Your presence with me always…. Amen.

May the Lord bless you as you go on your way. May He go before you to show you the way. May He go behind you to encourage you. May He go beside you to guide and befriend you. May He always be above you to watch over you. And may He be within you to give you peace.

In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

If you have a comment or prayer request, please e-mail me at: peacewm@tds.net.

May God, our great God who we look to for all things, and who promises that we will not lack what we need, fill you with His great peace. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home