Week of September 17, 2006 Psalm 116:1-8
One of the Scriptures for Sunday is from Psalm 116, the first eight verses:
1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
7 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
8 For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.
Dear Lord, I love You. You heard my voice. You heard my cry for mercy. You turn Your ear to me always, and I will always call on You – as long as I live.
The cords of death seem to entangle me. The anguish of the grave comes upon me, and crisis upon crisis seems to overwhelm me. I am overcome by trouble and sorrow.
But then I call on Your name, O Lord – “O Lord, save me!” Jesus, You are gracious and righteous and full of compassion. You protect me when I am simple in heart, for as a child, I come to You – with complete trust, and in my great need, You save me.
You word reminds me to rest, to be at rest, even in the midst of weariness, for You Lord, are good to me. O God, You have delivered my soul from death’s darkness. You have delivered my eyes from tears. You have delivered my feet from stumbling. Jesus, I now walk in Your light, filled with joy, and walking tall because You bring freedom. You bring joy. You bring peace. You bring rest. And You remind me that I can always call on You, and Your grace and love and presence are with me always. Amen.
May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
If you would like to leave a message or prayer request, please e-mail me at: peacewm@tds.net.
God's best to you this week!
1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
7 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
8 For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.
Dear Lord, I love You. You heard my voice. You heard my cry for mercy. You turn Your ear to me always, and I will always call on You – as long as I live.
The cords of death seem to entangle me. The anguish of the grave comes upon me, and crisis upon crisis seems to overwhelm me. I am overcome by trouble and sorrow.
But then I call on Your name, O Lord – “O Lord, save me!” Jesus, You are gracious and righteous and full of compassion. You protect me when I am simple in heart, for as a child, I come to You – with complete trust, and in my great need, You save me.
You word reminds me to rest, to be at rest, even in the midst of weariness, for You Lord, are good to me. O God, You have delivered my soul from death’s darkness. You have delivered my eyes from tears. You have delivered my feet from stumbling. Jesus, I now walk in Your light, filled with joy, and walking tall because You bring freedom. You bring joy. You bring peace. You bring rest. And You remind me that I can always call on You, and Your grace and love and presence are with me always. Amen.
May the love of the Lord Jesus draw us to Himself;
May the power of the Lord Jesus strengthen us in His service;
May the joy of the Lord Jesus fill our souls;
May the fire of the Holy Spirit bring comfort, guidance and fervency;
And may the blessing of the almighty and most merciful God - Creator, Word and eternal Holy Spirit - be upon us and remain with us always. In the name of the Father and of the Son of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
If you would like to leave a message or prayer request, please e-mail me at: peacewm@tds.net.
God's best to you this week!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home